That's right: Cosplay Yourself!
I hear it over and over: "I don't have any good pictures of me!"
Seems like for many of us, the most difficult costuming feat may actually be the person in the mirror. I have friends who will will wear full body paint and go running around in public any day of the week for photoshoots. But photos OUT of costume? Rare. Maybe they'll have a cellphone selfie shot on their Facebook profile, but no one looks good in those.
That's such a shame!
When you're cosplaying, you're playing a role. A character. You're taking the time to study, invest, take particular care with every stitch, every detail.
What if you devoted that time to a photo session of yourself? After all, at the end of the day, you're still you. This is your life, right here, right now - and photos to remember it can be a wonderful treat for yourself, both now and down the road for family and friends.
TIPS on How To Cosplay Yourself
- Pick an outfit you love. The outfit you would pick for a date, an interview, the one that makes you feel MOST like you're ready to take on the world! (Me, it's my green polka-dot dress.)
- Take time to do your makeup - OR invest in a makeup artist! They work wonders, and good ones will bring out your best features. (Yes, gentlemen, this means you too. Human skin is human skin, and it gets all shiny during photo sessions without foundation.)
- Pick a photographer you're comfortable spending time with. This can be a pro or a trusted family member - but it should be someone willing to talk to you a bit, not just shove the camera in your face and yell "CHEESE!"
- Choose a fun location. Bookstore, park, library, museum, city street - somewhere you want to spend time tooling around, goofing off and relaxing. It's easier to play around then just sit stiffly for a photo.
- Get others involved! Bring some friends and family. No one lives in a vacuum, and a group can be so much more fun!
This is your challenge: This week, find some time to cosplay Yourself. Update that Facebook profile! Then share the image in the comments - I want to see! (And use them in a future Blog post, if I get enough entries!)
Let's give a hand to Jessica, our lovely model. Thank you!
(If you want to book a Cosplay Yourself session (aka "Portrait Session") with me, let's talk! Click here!)